Monday, February 4, 2008

Wikis and me


I enjoyed this activity. Most of the wikis I looked at were powered by MediaWiki. I looked at ALA 2006 and Computers in Libraries wikis that were aimed at conference goers. I could see the value in this, but I did get some bad links-where pages either were removed or never made it. I liked the Ohio U Business Information wiki pages.

I now have a wiki: http://expirawiki.pbwiki.com/ . This was fun to work with, but I think I would have to plan what I really wanted to do with it, before building it willy-nilly. I tried adding a calendar plug-in and adding an event to the calendar. That was easy, as was adding a picture. I added a new page, but had a little trouble with the link to the home page. I did get it eventually. The FAQ on pbwiki is very helpful.

1 comment:

Stacey Greenwell said...

very nice! I'm a MediaWiki fan too and REALLY want to see us have a campus installation of it somewhere.